Monday, November 23, 2015

First diary

2015.11.23

Today, I felt sad. I am particularly interested in tourism industries such as Cruises, Airlines and etc. It was the theory of Brand strategy class and one of the group chose 'southwest airline' to introduce its successful marketing strategy. I listened to it really carefully, and this group made it quite well. I waited for other students to finish their questions, so I can ask my 'tiny' question with large curiosity. I just simply added 'I am just wondering...(in Korean)' to assure them I am trying not to criticize them but to purely inquire 'where is this airline based and which cities do they mostly fly?'

He introduced Lovefield. I asked if that's the name of region. he said 'yes'. I asked again where it is. He said he doesn't know. Well. ok.. I searched for it while the last student was questioning. At the moment the professor is about to terminate their presentation.
I raised my hand again to ask about their destinations.

However, I directly could hear some sigh like 'pewwwww' implying 'Why are you asking such an inappropriate question?' 'We are running out of our break time' (obviously It wasn't just one)

I felt really really bad. I got to think that it is not right to raise any question unless it is 100% optimal for it. From now on, I will hesitate more than thousands of times before I decide to ask something in that class.

and I personally think...that this is the reason why nobody took a chance when President Obama offered a right to question to the Korean press. (After that, Chinese press took it. this is quite famous anecdote in Korean education market)


No comments:

Post a Comment